Winter season 2017/2018 just started! The list of opened resorts
After a very hot summer in southern Europe this year, it got cold very quickly. Cold enough to let skiing resorts open their slopes. Therefore we check where you can go now to enjoy the first snow this season.
There are several glaciers already opened in Austria. The highest amount of opened slopes is all-year-round opened Hintertux Glacier in Ski- & Gletscherwelt Zillertal 3000, but this is not an exception. The full list of opened resorts consists of:
- Hintertux - 22 km of pistes and 12 lifts
- Stubaier Gletscher - 13 km of pistes and 9 lifts
- Pitztaler Gletscher - 7 km of pistes and 4 lifts
- Kaunertal - 6 km of pistes and 2 lifts
- Sölden - 4 km of pistes and 3 lifts
- Mölltaler Gletscher - 3 km of pistes and 3 lifts
Also Kaprun-Zell Am See announced that on September 30 a part of its infrastructure will be avaiable to the enthusiasts of skiing and snowboarding (Kitzsteinhorn Glacier).
In the south western area of Switzerland you can ski in the Europe's highest resorts:
In Italy for now there are only two small resorts available for skiing. Before the first week of September, Cervinia allowed people to access the Plateau Rosa glacier in Zermatt, Switzerland. For now the resort is closed until 2017/10/15.
- Passo dello Stelvio - 4 km i 4 lifts
- Val Senales - 2,5 km i 2 lifts